BBQ sauce recipes
What does everyone look for in bbq sauce recipes? Some people prefer hot and spicy while others like zesty and tangy.
So, even when you talk about barbeque you will find that there are several ways to create with wonderful sauce.
The main ingredients for any barbeque sauce, is tomato sauce, tomato puree or tomatoes.
Then you add all of your favorite spices to create an awesome bbq sauce for all types of meat. Below are two recipes for sauces that you may enjoy.
For the first one you will need:
- 3 tablespoons of butter,
- 1/3 cup of minced onion,
- 1 cup of vinegar,
- 1 cup of tomato sauce,
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce,
- 2 teaspoons of sugar,
- a pinch of salt, black pepper,
- a small amount of cayenne and
- a dash of Tabasco sauce.
Now, you should melt the butter in a skillet and add the onions and sauté. After the onions have browned you add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low heat until the mixture thickens for approximately 15 -20 minutes.
Now, let’s look at another bbq sauce recipe. For this one you will need:
- 4 chopped onions,
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil for sautéing the onions,
- 1 large can of tomato puree,
- 3 large cans of tomatoes including the juice,
- 2 ½ cups of vinegar,
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar,
- 4 tablespoons of white granulated sugar,
- salt to taste,
- cracked black pepper to taste,
- 2 tablespoons of paprika,
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder,
- 4 tablespoons of molasses,
- 1 cup of orange juice,
- a tad of liquid bbq smoke, and
- ¼ cup of brown mustard.
Sauté the onion and then add the remaining ingredients. This recipe call for cooking uncovered on low heat for 4 hours.
As you can tell, these recipes are similar in the basic ingredients tomato, onions, sugar, salt and pepper. Come up with your own ideas and you are sure to have a hit barbeque sauce.
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links:
About the Author:
If you need to give credit for your article do so here...