Light veal recipes - Broil or Barbeque
Keep your weight but enjoy a good barbeque
With everyone watching their weight and seeking out recipes that are low in fat and calories you may think that you have to give up some of your favorite dishes, but you can find many light veal recipes that you are sure to enjoy. You will never be able to tell that these unique recipes are considered to be a light meal once you taste the savory dish. Low carb and barbeque can go together
This light veal recipe is for those that love salad with an Italian flavor. You will need:
- 2 ½ pounds of veal blade steaks cut into ¾ inch thickness,
- 10 ounces of your favorite Italian salad mix (or you can prepare your own using romaine and radicchio lettuce),
- 1 cup of diced Romano tomatoes,
- ¼ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese,
- ¼ cup of your favorite Italian dressing and salt to taste.
For the marinade you will need:
- ¼ cup of your favorite Italian dressing,
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, and
- a dash of pepper.
Mix together the ingredients for the marinade until well blended. Place the veal steaks in the marinade in a dish with a lid and cover.
Refrigerate for at least 6 hours longer if possible. Turn the steaks about every 30 minutes as you can to ensure the marinade soaks into the steaks. When the veal steaks have marinated for the required time, prepare your grill.
Grill over medium coals for 17 minutes turning often. In a large bowl, combing the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and dressing and toss gently. Place the salad on the serving plate for each individual. Remove the bones from the veal steaks and cut into thin strips and arrange over salad.
There are many wonderful light veal recipes that you can serve that will delight even the hardest to please.
This next recipe is for a variation of veal Milanese that creates a light veal recipe that will ensure low calories. This would be a perfect dish to serve at any gathering.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 chopped cucumber,
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice,
- 4 cups of torn romaine lettuce,
- 6 ounces of arugula,
- 1 red thinly sliced red onion,
- 16 halved cherry tomatoes,
- 8 veal cutlets,
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil,
- salt and pepper to taste.
Using a blender, puree the cucumber with the lemon juice and a tad of salt.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, arugula, onion and tomatoes. Pound the veal into thin cutlets around 1/8 inch thick. Rub the veal cutlets with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Pre-heat the broiler.
Broil your veal cutlets for around 5 minutes, five inches of the heat until desired doneness. Now, you can pour the cucumber dressing over your green salad and place on serving dish for each individual and top with 2 veal cutlets.