Homemade Fruitcake RecipesFruitcake is always a Christmas holiday dessert that can be bought in grocery stores and even some retail stores all over America.
But, if you really desire a unique and flavorful fruitcake you should make one from scratch. Nothing is better than a homemade fruitcake at Christmas time.
If you would like to try your hand at creating your own homemade fruitcake you should try this recipe.
You will need:
- 1 package of spice cake mix,
- 1 package of vanilla pudding mix,
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar,
- ¼ cup of apricot brandy,
- ½ cup of vegetable,
- 4 eggs,
- 1 cup of diced dates,
- ½ cup of diced candied cherries,
- ½ cup of diced pineapple, and
- 1 cup of diced walnuts.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan. In a mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, nectar, brandy and vegetable oil. Beat together until well blended and then add the eggs one at a time until well blended. Add the fruit and nuts. Bake for around 50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until done.
Another great recipe for fruitcake cookies is this that uses bourbon instead of brandy.
For this recipe you will need:
- ½ cup of sugar,
- 5 tablespoons of margarine,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda,
- 2 tablespoons milk,
- 8 ounces of red diced candied cherries,
- 8 ounces of green diced chopped cherries,
- 16 ounces of diced dates,
- 16 ounces of chopped walnuts,
- 16 ounces of diced candied pineapple and
- ½ cup of bourbon.
Combine together the sugar, margarine, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix together the flour, soda, and the beaten eggs. Then stir in the milk. Pour in the sugar mixture and drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for around 15 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit or until golden brown.
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links: