Low Fat Crockpot Recipes
Enjoying your favorite way to prepare meals in your slow cooker? You can create low fat crockpot recipes that the entire family will enjoy and never realize they are eating a low fat meal. This way you can stay on your diet or just lower your fat intake and give your family healthier meals at the same time.
This first recipe is one that I am sure will become a family favorite. This one is for Sweet and Sour Chicken or pork.
You will need the following ingredients to prepare this tasty dish:
- 2 pounds of pork cut into bite size pieces or 2 pounds of skinless chicken breast cut into bite pieces,
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce,
- ¼ cup of vinegar,
- 1 chopped onion,
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch,
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger,
- ¼ cup of brown sugar,
- 2 sliced tomatoes, and
- 2 sliced green peppers.
In your crockpot combine the pork with the cornstarch, now add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and green peppers. Stir and cook on low for 8 hours. Now add the tomatoes and green peppers and stir. Turn your crockpot to high and cook for another 10 minutes. You can serve with rice for a yummy meal your family or dinner guests will not soon forget.
For a special occasion you should try preparing your yams in your trusty crockpot. This low fat crockpot recipe is one you are sure to love.
You will need:
- 3 pounds of yams, peeled and cut into bite size pieces,
- 1 ½ inches of ginger peeled and minced,
- 1 diced onion,
- 1 stalk of lemongrass cut lengthwise,
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of tamarind paste,
- ¼ cup of vinegar,
- ¼ cup of soy sauce,
- 2 cups of pineapple juice, and
- salt and pepper to taste.
Put all ingredients into your crockpot and cook on high for around 5 hours covered. Take out the lemongrass. Take your yams out of the crockpot and keep warm. Pour the remaining ingredients into a skillet and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
Now, pour over your yams and serve.
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links: