Crockpot Recipes Using Round Steak
Many Crockpot dishes for round steak are available, they give the dish a nice beefy flavor.
One great Crockpot recipe using round steak is the Salsa Swiss Steak. This is a wonderful and delectable recipe and is not fattening.
The ingredients you need include:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless round steak (be sure to trim the fat) cut into pieces,
- ½ teaspoon of salt,
- ¼ teaspoon pepper,
- 1 medium onion cut in half,
- ½ green bell pepper cut into bite size pieces,
- 1 – 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup, and
- ¾ cup of your favorite thick and
- chunky salsa.
Heat the oil in a large skillet, sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper, now cook the round steak for approximately 5 minutes until browned on both sides turning only once.
Now, place the round steak into the Crockpot. Add the onion and bell pepper. Now, in the skillet that you used for browning the round steak, combine the soup and the salsa, mix these well, and then pour over the round steak and vegetable in the crockpot.
Cook on a low temperature setting for 8 to 10 hours. When you get home from work, your dinner will be prepared and you can enjoy the rest of your evening.
For more information about other services and products choose from one of the following links: